- How long has your company been in business?
Established in 1991, Piney Island Builders is a local family owned and operated business serving the needs of retirees, young working families, and those desiring the perfect vacation home at the shore. Piney Island Builders has built over 500 homes along the Delmarva coast from Rehoboth Beach to Ocean Pines, South Point to Historic Berlin.
- Where are you located?
We are located in Worcester County, Maryland.
- Where do you build?
Our building territory covers the entire DelMarVA coast from Rehoboth and Bethany Beach Delaware, Ocean City Maryland, Ocean Pines, and South to Accomack County Virginia.
- How much will my home cost?
This depends on a number of factors. Because we price our homes "Turn Key," the site on which the home is to be built is a large factor in the overall price. Some home sites are wooded, require septic and well, are large parcels requiring extensive drives and hook up services. Also the overall design and the features you desire in the home affect the overall price as well. We can usually have a formal bid prepared for your home within 2 weeks of final design. We can give you some general ideas of per sq. ft. cost ranges.
- How do you service your homes?
You can count on Piney Island for long term peace of mind, since every Piney Island home is backed by our 2-10 homebuyers warranty and the product manufactures additional coverage. The 2-10 homebuyers warrant workmanship and materials for one year; mechanical systems for two years, and structural systems for ten years.
- Do you have regularly scheduled meetings during the construction process?
There will be a number of homeowner conferences required during the construction of your new home. We are also always available for any conferences outside of the schedule below.
After the construction agreement is signed :
- The first meeting is with our selection coordinator to choose your selections.
- The second meeting is the Pre-construction meeting
- The third meeting after framing is for electrical and audio/video needs
- The fourth meeting is an on-site Pre-drywall inspection
- The fifth meeting is the Pre-settlement orientation
- The sixth meeting is your one year inspection after move-in
- How do you design your homes?
There are 3 basic options you have when designing your new home:
- You can select from one the numerous Piney Island Builders design and customize these designs any way you like.
- You can choose a home design from the web site or a popular home plan book.
- We can build from plans you have already had drawn or we can custom design a home for you with our designers.
- How long does it take to build a new home?
Piney Island Builders follows a strict building schedule which we provide to you on a weekly basis. Actual building time depends on a number of factors such as the location, government permit approval time, size of the home, and weather. Typically we can take a home from design to completion within 8 to 9 months. Actual field construction time is usually around 5 months from initial start of construction.
- How does the payment process work when building a custom home?
Typically the homeowners either pay cash or procure a construction loan. Either way payment is made based on a building draw schedule. As the construction of the home proceeds a series of draw payments will be collected. We will call you or the bank for an inspection prior to the release of all draw payments. We also provide lien releases to all parties involved once payment has been made.
- How do we make our selections for our home?
You will be contacted by our professional interior designer to choose a time when your selections are to be made, which will be shortly after you sign the Construction Agreement. It is important to make your selections carefully since supplies, services, and materials for your home are ordered well in advance based upon you choices.